Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Peek At Capsule Show: My Three Favorite Pieces

Last night before they closed for the day, I tucked into Capsule Show, the fantastic trade show run by the folks at BPMW Agency. It's been growing each year, with more and more brands, and a bigger presence... and this week it's all about menswear!

There were a lot of great pieces from folks like Ovadia & Sons (fell in love with a yellow waffle knit sweater), Won Hundred (clean Scandinavian aesthetic), Vanishing Elephant, and Fahlgren (Brett Fahlgren's new neckwear line).

But oddly my top three favorites were all outerwear.

First was this amazing wool coat from NUMBER:Lab. Really enjoyed the deep color, the sophistication of the overall design, and the blending of a 'technical' touch with the clasps. The hood is tipped in leather, and there is great construction throughout. Couldn't stop looking at this coat!


My second favorite was from Mark McNairy New Amsterdam. I'm not alone in my reverence for what McNairy's been doing lately and there were some great pieces in his Fall collection.

But this jacket (in three colors) just stood out. First the boldness of the color really caught my eye. Then the fabric was incredible -- honestly felt like a softened Kevlar. Stiff yet pliable, with a little edge to it. Must get one of these jackets for Fall 2012.


The third was from a brand I was not familiar with... Loyal. They had a lot of wool coats, but of course the one in bright blue caught my eye. When I saw the anchors painted in white, I was sold (I'm nothing if not predictable). Great cropped pea coat but the color and nautical theme breaks it out of the pack.


Definitely a lot more to share on Capsule, so stay tuned...

No comments: