Friday, January 27, 2012

Gant Rugger "Nouveau Prep": Things I Love

I haven't been shy about my admiration for Gant Rugger and what designer Christopher Bastin has done for the line. I'm a huge fan, both for the collection itself as well as the overall styling and in-store experience.

For Spring '12 they've gone with "Nouveau Prep" and when I first saw the looks last week I couldn't stop scrolling through it... the pieces were definitely in the prepster category, but with a spin on the detailing that causes Rugger to stand out.

The light color palette in this look really got me into the Spring mood -- the canvas blazer over the cream colored crewneck, with a navy striped tie that stands out just a bit.


Another top look was this gingham shirt in red paired with a gingham jacket in blue (I love a pattern x pattern scenario), which goes so well together when done with the solid green pants.

Something about this blazer (the buttons? the color?) called to me. Keeping it simple with a white shirt and striped tie, this was probably my favorite look in the whole book. Casually preptastic.


You're going to want to check out the rest of the collection for yourself. And if you head there right now you *might* see some F/W pieces that are drastically reduced... and you *might* walk away with some of those too!

No comments: