Friday, February 8, 2013

NYFW Review: Todd Snyder Fall 2013

Since launching his eponymous line, I've been a huge fan of Todd Snyder. Given how many people tell me they've bought his collection because they've heard me talk about it, I'm glad others are becoming TS converts!

Showing his Fall '13 collection yesterday at Lincoln Center, Snyder continued to impress -- venturing into a little more edge than seasons past while still delivering on the outerwear, suiting, and classic tailoring we've come to love.

I think my overall favorite piece, it literally made me pause, was this double breasted coat with (huge) shearling collar. Just amazing, and I love the shine and deep color combined with the contrast of the (warm) shearling.






Another standout was that Snyder moved past leather jackets and into... leather pants. Seen styled a few different ways (by the one and only Bruce Pask), this look stood out because of the windowpane cardigan and black shirt. Plus it was modeled by a favorite of mine, Clement Chabernaud.





This knit was fantastic, with the two pockets and neck closure. Given how often I have been layering this winter and going without a coat, I could definitely see wearing this next Fall just as it's shown here.





At first this striped sweater caught my eye, and then I noticed the other pieces -- these slouchy gray pants and the navy neckerchief. Rounds it out for a pulled together look that offers a lot of comfort. Was also really into the custom Vintage Shoe Company boots seen throughout...
 




I got a quick snap of part of the lineup -- where you can see the continuation of what Snyder rolled out for Fall... leather jacket, navy tuxedo (yes, please!), and a pony hair coat.
 

Todd Snyder continues down a very strong path -- bringing a well-rounded collection filled with tailored suiting, strong outerwear, and more casual pieces that give something for everyone. Can't wait to see this hit stores -- that double-breasted shearling coat will be mine! Check out the rest of the collection...

No comments: