Monday, September 10, 2012

Todd Snyder Spring 2013: NYFW Review

Over the weekend I got into a vigorous debate about Todd Snyder's Spring collection. Some felt it was too safe and similar to his past work. My opinion is that Snyder continues to deliver high quality, well tailored pieces in a tight collection that are consistent to his core aesthetic, with seasonal variances. 

For Spring he did just this, keeping within the arena for which his popularity is growing, but through an inspired lens... in this case the film The English Patient.

Since the v-neck tee I bought from his Spring '12 collection is the softest and most comfortable I've ever owned, I definitely gravitated to this lightweight long-sleeved sweater with a chest pocket. Paired with white shorts with low slung pockets, it is casual but with an obvious luxury and refinement.


Another area that Snyder has excelled is outerwear. In fact I just tried on a fantastic quilted reversible cropped jacket for Fall that I may just have to buy... with that in mind, this cropped navy jacket for Spring caught my eye. With the khaki/khaki shirt and tie combo (which I already own from him), this jacket would get a lot of wear.


I think my favorite piece from the collection was this double breasted jacket. Snyder's suiting has been a staple of the line (as seen through his recent pop-up at Odin) and I am confident this will also fit perfectly. The color keeps it versatile, and worn here with shorts and boots shows you can definitely dress it up or down.


Needless to say, I remain a fan of Todd Snyder and will be shopping Spring when it hits stores. Get over to GQ for a full set of photos.

No comments: