Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fall 2013 Obsession: Ducks

I'm officially declaring ducks as an obsession for Fall 2013. I was recently reading the current issue of Garden & Gun magazine, where they highlighted the work of artist Bradley Gordon. He focuses on painting animals from the Southern U.S. and does so with a method of using chopsticks that adds depth and texture to his work.

Billy Reid is also a fan of Gordon's work and when recently in Atlanta I saw one of his pieces in the store.

Taking a closer look this week hrough Gordon's library of work I was struck by this one of three flying ducks. I pinned it and moved on.


A couple of hours later I saw this image from the Richard James Fall 2013 runway show, in London. While the label Agi & Sam used dogs as their animal motif for Fall, James incorporated ducks -- and I was obsessed. The patchwork jacket is pretty awesome too.


As these things go, I know they'll be more duck inspired items coming my way soon -- just need to keep an eye out for it, and will definitely plan to incorporate into my Fall wardrobe.

No comments: