Sunday, April 15, 2012

Summer 2012: Swimsuit Review

It's that time of year... the annual swimsuit hunt. I had started looking a few weeks ago, compiling in my mind the list of suits I liked, and thought I'd do a little share. 


I normally have a few guidelines -- has to be a box cut, no Speedos, and nothing too long (my Osklen board shorts being the lone exception). So here are a few I've seen that I am considering for the season...


First up is this pair from Saturdays Surf, their Ennis boardshort. I popped into their store recently and really liked this two-toned look. Not too long, subtle colors, and easy to wear in and out of the pool.


Another option I am looking at is the J. Crew Portofino Trunk. This one is in their "tidal stripe" and the 5" length is perfect for me. Also appreciate the side pocket for phone, keys or other accessories... as long as I don't forget the phone is in there, which happened last summer!
Who is not talking about Orlebar Brown these days. They are everywhere, and in a good way! Bringing great shorts that can be worn on the beach or on a hike, in a variety of lengths and colors. They also did a great collab with Nick Wooster

I'm a big fan of their Setter, which is another 5", and how could I not jump at the bright yellow ones. So good!

As you know, I can't stay away from prints no matter how hard I try. From Peruvian produced  brand Olasul comes the Geo Blue 5" short that I am totally drawn to! Nice length, quick drying, and some eye-catching goodness. 

I couldn't resist a look at these seersucker shorts from Thom Browne for Black Fleece. I tried these on yesterday and not only did they fit really well, they have the Thom Browne details like mother of pearl buttons, black silk buttons on the waist, and an overall elegance about them. But it's a swimsuit... that I could wear with a bowtie!


I've been drooling over Burberry Prorsum's Spring collection and when I saw these vinyl shorts at Bloomingdales I was smitten. Another print heavy option, and something that will standout. I liked the subtle black and white patterned background with the yellow and blues popping out over it.


Stay tuned for me to share which of these suits I end up with (or perhaps mutiple!) for some summer fun!


No comments: