Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sports Coat from L.B.M. 1911: Things I Want

While in Chicago this week I decided to scout out the local menswear scene... enter Haberdash. They have multiple locations around the city, and I stopped in at State Street. And one of the first things I noticed was a row of cool cotton sports coats.

The sales director told me they were L.B.M. 1911, a line I was previously unaware of (although now upon doing a quick search, I see that Josh Peskowitz was talking about these guys over a year ago).

From Italy, these coats all start out white and are hand-dyed and pre-washed. As a result the color is a bit softened, they're extremely comfortable, and really simple to care for. In my continued quest to introduce other colors than navy into my closet, I tried on the emerald.



The fit was perfect and it was easy to see how I could throw this on for any occasion and get a great look. Here's the lookbook photo Haberdash has...




Since I just picked up that amazing Carven blazer last week in Paris, I didn't walk out with this one, but I wanted to! Read more about them on the Haberdash site.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Maybe this coming Saturday I'm gonna visit their store in Chicago. I wonder if they have a plan to put their store in Los Angeles.

Christina @ Cheap Suits For Men