Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fall 2012 from Sacai: Things I Love

I've been following Japanese label Sacai for a few seasons now -- although designer Chitose Abe launched her menswear line in 2009. But since discovering it, I have been consistently impressed with the attention to detail and the innovative knits, for which she is known.

WAD magazine recently did an exploration of a few growing Japanese brands (more on that soon!) and Sacai was one of them -- with a brief but insightful interview with Abe. Interesting to me was her response that her designs are indebted to her living in Tokyo but that she doesn't "necessarily draw a line between Tokyo and the rest of the world."


After reading the WAD piece I realized I hadn't yet seen images of the F/W '12 collection, and so quickly located them, and found it to be true to form.

Having noticed the use of white buttons and striped coats in S/S '12, it continued into Fall, with great result.


I really enjoyed these patterned pants that have a great sheen but are structured enough to wear as a normal trouser (and be paired here with some double monks).


Always a sucker for chunky knitwear, this piece stood out. Again the white buttons (love that contrast) and a play on a double-breasted design, with various knit patterns featured.


I highly suggest you keep an eye on Sacai, and that you check out the rest of the Fall images at Fucking Young.

No comments: