Friday, September 6, 2013

David Hart Spring 2014: NYFW Review

I've been a fan of David Hart since he launched amazing neckwear. I interviewed him, saw some pre-season inspiration, and definitely purchased a number of fantastic ties. 

So I was excited last season when he expanded into apparel -- and his inaugural collection did not disappoint. This week he presented Spring '14 and I loved how rooted Hart has quickly become in use of key fabrics, and rooted in a nostalgic yet current point of view. 

My absolute favorite look was this 'lava' colored mohair suit. The deep rich color, the fit on the pants, and the fact that the fabric will surely be out of this world. 


The second look I gravitated towards was this custom printed shirt -- the horizontal colored bars actually reminded me of a pattern Loden Dager did a few seasons back, and it paired nicely with the linen pants and sandals. Perfect 'dinner on vacation' outfit.






Finally you have to love Hart's use of exquisite fabrics to create evening wear. I loved this shawl collar tuxedo jacket, the woven pattern, and slim cut. Of course if I picked up every tuxedo I was drawn too it'd be all I wore, but this is one to keep an eye on for a very special occasion.


This second collection was very wearable, didn't cling too closely to it's vintage inspiration (Jet age Hawaiian holiday), and is hopefully the beginning of more to come from David Hart. All images here...

No comments: