Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Specs from Steven Alan: Things I Have

Last week I had the opportunity to stop by the Steven Alan store in Chelsea, where they seem to continually expand their product offerings. Women's and men's, then home goods... and now eyewear!

This latest addition is called Steven Alan Optical and offers frames in a variety of colors and styles. I tried on a number of styles and settled with the Coleman in dark tortoise. It's a little different shape for me, and sits lower on the eyes than normal, but something about them felt right.


Once I'd selected my frames, I went through the checkout process via iPad and received a confirmation e-mail. I replied to that e-mail with my prescription and a few days later... 


Was definitely excited to wear them for the first time today! I love how the frames fit -- nice and snug -- and they came in a gingham lined carrying case. While the folks at Steven Alan comped this pair, I definitely recommend both the experience and the selection (and am already thinking about a second pair, as sunnies!).

No comments: