Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lapo Elkann for Gucci: Things I Love

Lapo Elkann, Fiat heir, CEO of Italia Indepenent, and all around style icon has now collaborated on a capsule collection for Gucci. It's well, a pretty robust capsule with both suiting and separates.

And for me it evokes an amazing throwback to Lapo's grandfather Gianni Agnelli -- wide lapels, spread collars, rich fabrics -- and an aesthetic that Lapo himself has largely adopted.

Here I've picked my three favorite looks, starting off with this great one button blazer paired with a wide collar button-down shirt, and very Gucci looking trousers. The beautiful carryall doesn't hurt either.


In the suiting department I loved the light windowpane for Fall, and the styling of the wider-than-currently-trending tie helps anchor the spread collar shirt. Office ready for sure.


And for a more formal night out -- this velvet double breasted tuxedo is the epitome of luxe. Staying on the wide collar trend, I feel like this jacket could sprout wings and fly, but I love how neatly tailored it is on the sides. Velvet is a bold choice for a tux, but that wasn't always the case -- again showing a nice look back at Italian fashion legacies.


All images here... and definitely a collection to watch for in-store.

No comments: