Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Things I Want: Fall Buying Guide from Men.Style

One of my favorite spots for fashion news is men.style.com -- which unfortunately is going away, as Conde Naste separates it into distinct GQ and Details sites.


But they've just released a Fall buying guide, compiled from the buyers of some hot men's departments around the country. I have three fav's that I would love to have for my Fall wardrobe!


First, I am a huge fan of Opening Ceremony. They just plain rock! And (at least in the L.A. store) the sales staff are amazing... great knowledge of fashion and designers, and they are so helpful. You may remember my recent story about scoring a Patrik Ervell tux!

So here is a quilted dress shirt they've done as part of their private label collection. I love the quilting and the color -- perfect for Fall.

Next is a piece that no one who knows me will be surprised by. Gamme Bleu for Moncler... aka, designed by Thom Browne. Obsessed! I love this blazer because it evokes themes that are quintessential to each both Moncler and TB but remaining trim enough for a cool Fall day.




And the last item is a great pair of dress shoes from Common Projects. I have long been a fan of their sneakers, and I think the wingtips are just fantastic. I am so in need of a pair of brown shoes for work... these would be just great. I could also totally see wearing them for the end of summer, sockless, with my pants a bit rolled up.

Enjoy!

No comments: