Friday, December 26, 2008

Things I Love: Ina Garten (aka the Barefoot Contessa)

I have long been a fan of Ina Garten, otherwise known as the Barefoot Contessa. Since I don't have cable, I haven't caught many of her television episodes but I am a total convert to all of her cookbooks. She has fun while she cooks, it is all about friends & family, and in many photos she has a bottle of champagne next to her. What's not to love!

Just before Christmas I prepared one of my favorite recipes, her Chicken Stew with Biscuits. It is amazing. So simple to make, but is such good comfort food. When I was living in Amsterdam this dish became a winter staple.

And then, voila! On Christmas Day my mother had given me Ina's lastest book... Back to Basics. I can't wait to read it!

You can learn more about Ina through her page on the Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/ina-garten/index.html

1 comment:

Lauren (Lo) said...

What other cookbooks of hers do you have??